Yes mucus can be common for many people with IBS. It is definately no need to 'frek out'. you can now tick off another symtoms that falls under the umbrella of IBS. But definately it would be a good idea to re-visit your health professional, I remember i got a really good explaination about
the mucus (much of which i can't remember). However, this is a change in your condition so it is worth investigating.
I havent had mucus for (or lots of it like you describe) for a long time now. But when i look back in My Digestion Diary I can see that i made a note that mucus correlated with fasting (not eating). I guess the mucus might always be present in my guts however if i don't eat or fast for some reason more of it becomes evident in the stool. However this may not be the casue either its just what i have noted. Does this sound like a possibility for you?
4. No advertising or links to advertising or "Spam" is permited (including signatures).
* Advertising or Spam is defined as posting a link for the purpose of selling, soliciting or promoting by someone that has ownership or other "vested interest" to the web site involved, including efforts to promote other online forums or web sites by web site owners.
* If you are a web site owner and have a link that fits into this category that you want to share, please submit it to our resource directory and we will review your submission.
* Posts and links about
fundraising (including nonprofit fundraisers) are NOT permitted.
* Only links to personal home pages are allowed in signatures and member profiles. Links must be appropriate and abide by rules #1-4 or they will be removed.
* Links to helpful web sites (commercial or otherwise) are allowed when they are posted by someone without any "vested interest" AND whose purpose is NOT to solicit, advertise, promote, fundraise, etc.
Post Edited By Moderator (dbab) : 3/15/2007 9:12:51 PM (GMT-6)