Thank you for the welcome and additional information. I honestly would love a second opinion but after fighting 7 weeks to get this appointment I am scared how long it would take to get another opinion. I had to go to three different doctors to get a referral the first two (urgent care and the ER) refused to give me one even though they were the ones that diagnosed the kidney stone. The GP is the one who finally gave me the referral but didn't think I needed one because he misread the radiologist report and thought the stone was still in the kidney itself and not at the mouth of the ureter. Then his office sent the referral to the urologist office and it took two weeks to hear back from them. The urologist's office only does scheduling through the GP's office who then notifies you. So the nurse at the GP's office changed my appointment before asking me. They were trying to be nice and get me in earlier but actually scheduled it for the same morning I had a 2nd opinion appointment about the fibroids. Literally the only day/time I couldn't do it. So instead of getting me in earlier it delayed it another two weeks. So after 7 weeks I feel like I am already pushing things. I have been advised not to even do my job next week because I will be at a remote location so the stone is causing more problems than just the occasional pain. Unfortunately, I can't get out of work, so I am choosing to go against doctor's orders. I am actually scared to go not because of what the doctor said but because the last time I was there (earlier this summer) I had the worst attack of pain so far from the kidney stone and it took me over a week to get the pain and nausea under control again. At least this time I have stronger pain meds and anti-nausea meds in case it happens again
The ultrasound was me trying to get out of the procedure. The ultrasound is also why he thinks the ureter is blocked. He is even slightly worried that it may have calcified/implanted in the ureter wall because of it hasn't passed yet. They won't give me a 2nd ct scan because of my age and the level of radiation exposure. They would have done the surgery this week if I had let him, but that would have meant missing work which I can't do.
I have been told I can remove my stent myself after a week. He says many doctors allow patients do this routinely but he prefers to do it himself. I will be out of town though seeking a third opinion for my fibroids then a family vacation, so as long as I am comfortable with it I can do it. So I am planning on doping myself with tramadol an hour before I do it. It may come out early if it is the only thing bothering me. I read one medical journal (which I am kind of iffy about) that said there are no medical studies proving the benefits of stents in procedure that don't have complications. They even hinted that it was another moneymaker. Like I said I don't have much faith in the journal, but it does raise questions considering some sites have mentioned that stents aren't always placed.
I am just really frustrated with the medical practices in this area at the moment. If really frustrates me that this could have been treated 7 weeks ago if someone had listened to me.