Even after raising my blood pressure meds 2 weeks ago we still do not have control of the pre-eclampsia. My blood pressure was up again this week and my ankles and hands have even more fluids in them. My face is just slightly puffy. The OB decided to prescribe stronger pain meds to see if controlling my pain better would help my blood pressure since we can only go up once more on my blood pressure meds. We will see next week where I am. This means I will likely spend a couple weeks in the hospital if I hope to get to 35 weeks, which is my personal goal. I am 30 weeks tomorrow. 32 weeks is when the baby may need time in the NICU but will be okay long term. 35 weeks is when baby usually is home within less than a week after being born.
I am scared, but the baby is doing well. Unless this begins to affect the baby or becomes dangerous to me we will be playing the wait and see game for a few more weeks.
Dx:fibromyalgia 2002, systematic lupus 2005- definate CNS involvement dxed late 2005, psoriasis 2006, rheumatoid arthritis 2006, PTSD 2007, multiple allergies 2005, migraine, compression fractures T11 & T12, Sjögren's, damaged periphrial nerves 2007, pregnant due May 2008
Tx: plaquenil, Enbrel, Darvocet, Singulair, Flexeril, Baby Asprin, Imuran, Procardia, Prilosec
Post Edited (redrose77) : 3/18/2008 7:47:07 AM (GMT-6)