I have no clue how to create a poll, but since someone here brought up concern over plaquenil related eye problems I was hoping everyone who takes or has taken plaquenil could answer a couple of questions.
1. If you have taken plaquenil have you ever had eye related problems?
2. Has your eye doctor ever commented on how likely eye problems from plaquenil are? If so what did he/she say?
3. Have you personally ever encountered anyone who has had eye problems from plaquenil? If so how many people?
4. What did your rheumetologist tell you about the likelihood of eye problems from plaquenil?
5. Did you ask your pharmacist about it? If so what was the answer?
1. I haven't.
2. My eye doctor says it is extremely rare.
3. No I haven't.
4. My rheumy says it is extremely rare since they lowered the dosages of plaquenil used.
5. My pharmacist said it is still listed as a possible adverse reaction but he had never heard of anyone having problems.
Dx:fibromyalgia 2002, systematic lupus 2005- definate CNS involvement dxed late 2005, psoriasis 2006, rheumatoid arthritis 2006, PTSD 2007, multiple allergies 2005, migraine, compression fractures T11 & T12, Sjögren's, damaged periphrial nerves 2007, pregnant due May 2008
Tx: plaquenil, Enbrel, Darvocet, Singulair, Flexeril, Baby Asprin, Imuran, Procardia, Prilosec