I'm starting to suspect my mom has SLE. She has had loads of health issues over the past 20 years.
Over the past several years she has had:
- nephritis since she was a child
- recent stent put in her kidney
- flare ups of pseudotumor cerebri (which caused her to go blind in one eye)
- connective tissue problem in her arms that caused her to need physical therapy
- now her blood vessels are getting stiff and they suspect vasculitis or atherosclerosis
- a red appearance to her face especially under her eyes and cheek area
- high cholesterol
- joint pain
What do you think? Is she a likely candidate for lupus?