OK - More questions: Bumblebee - anti LA & anti Ro? I've had the following tests besides ANA:
Rheu Factor Qual
All were negative.
I looked on labtestsonline.org and the last three came up as something to do w/ EBV!? I'm guessing the acronyms are just different for some labs....but do you see or recognize what you would expect to see? And to be fair, I looked back at the copies of my records which I obtained recently, in which she states she "discussed the possibility of an UCTD". As I recall, she told me that was the dx for now, based on nothing more definitive in the labwork. The last ANA in May was 1:1280. She offered me Plaq at my initial vist (I just wasn't ready). At the May visit she again really emphasized how safe it was - but I wanted to wait and see what the bloodwork showed. Since the ANA had doubled again I expected the Rx, (and I was ready) but the nurse said she wanted to wait. So I'm confused.
This would be easier if she was in town - the traveling complicates matters. And when I finally get those 15 minutes with her, I have a hard time getting all my symptoms, questions and concerns laid out coherently. Ok - enough already - you've all been there.
I'll need to relate to her my flare in July, and September and I'm hoping for time for 3 major questions: 1) What is it you think I have beyond fibro in the AI dept.? 2) Is it time for Plaquenil - why or why not? and 3) ....well, I can't think of the third. Any ideas?
Thanks - I appreciate all the responses and just wish I'd been "clued in" about this forum long ago.
diagnoses: mono 1972; postviral CFS 1997; fibro 1998; CEBV 2005; UCTD (dx limbo) 2007
meds: occasional low dose xanax for sleep, artificial tears w/ ointment at night, ibuprophin (none of which manages the problems very well!)
We cannot avoid the birds of sadness flying over our heads, but we need not let them make nests in our hair.
~~ Chinese saying as quoted by Helen Nearing