I am in the same boat, cellcept being suggested by rheumy as alt. to my long term chronic prednisone. Decision put off by me once, and once by him. My asthma is really a growing problem, and am no longer working, I retired on SSD this Sept., and am going to try to wean down prednisone one more time, but way slower. I decided after much research and asking for feedback from forum friends, and listening to both neurologist who suggested it first, and rheumy, that it is my next step. I don't go back to specialist until April, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.