let me preface this with i am not new to chronic disease. i have had crohn's disease since '84. many surgeries etc.. and have been on TPN for over 11 years. i know some people think that everything that happens to them is related somehow to the particular disease they have. not me.
i have some issues that i am coming to think may be Lupus or Lupus like.
some of the medications i have taken and do take "may " cause a lupus like reaction. so here goes my list..for the last few years i have,
1. unexplained fevers that always head north of 103, sometimes to 105.
2. roving joint pain like left knee, right hand. then will switch a couple days later, pretty good pain, makes it painful to walk or even steer the car.
3. like i saw on another post, splinter hemoraghes, (checked lots for ENDO) always negative.
4. trouble getting to sleep, but once asleep, dont want to get up.
5. electric shocks as i call them, be like, darn i got shocked!arms and legs.
6. enlarged spleen, shriveled pancreas, (supposedly due to my crohns and the TPN.
7. progressivly worse eyesight all at once several years ago (age probably).
8. little tiny blood clots on the outside of my lungs (found when checking for fever source a few years ago. come and go. each CT has them in differant spots, but always on the outside layer.
9. bone things,like, osteo from all the steroids over the years, but who knows.
10. probably more that escapes me at the moment.
any how the fevers are whats killing me. virtually NO symptoms with the heat, just a spike stays up for a couple days and goes just as quickly.
ive been tested for everything from malaria, endo carditis, latent infections, (blood cultures all the time , all negative but once , when the IV drs gave me and infection during a line change) so im at a loss and apparently the drs are too. imean they spent a ton of time and money trying to figure it out but no luck.. i dont even go to the dr for the fevers anymore , i just call and let them know i have one.
thanks much randy