I had a question for all of you that take methotrexate. If you are fighting a cold would you wait one day before you took your weekly methotrexate doseage?
The reason that I ask is because I am getting over a nasty cold. Last week on Monday I felt like I was fighting a cold. I went ahead and took me 25 mg of metho Monday night and Tuesday I was knocked out hard by the cold. By Wednesday I had an Upper Resp Infection and a temp of 103. I got on steroids, antibiotics and a breathing treatment but even now, a week later, I am still weak and have a cough. Should I have waited a day to try and give my body more time to fight off the cold? I plan on talking to my dr about it next time I see her but I just thought I would see what you all say.
Diagnosed in March 2001 with Crohns disease, resection in August 2001
Diagnosed with Lupus in April 2011
Currently on Remicade, Pentasa, Prenatal vitamin, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Plaquenil and Methotrexate
Have been on Cipro, Imuran, Asacol, 6mp, and prednisone (for whenever a bad one comes along)