Can anyone help

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

New Member

Date Joined Apr 2012
Total Posts : 1
   Posted 4/17/2012 2:10 PM (GMT -6)   
 Hello everyone. I have a couple of questions if anyone could help me out. I have been through alot in the last 3 months. My first question is my WBCs have been high since August of last year ranging from 13.0-19.0 and I just recently starting seeing a Oncologist/Hemtalogist. My first visit my WBCs were 12.6. Blood tests were done looking for lymphoma or lukemeia. All those tests came back within normal. Visit yesterday 3 weeks after 1st visit WBCs was 15.9... more blood tests done now he is looking to see if I have an inflammation disease. Can anyone help me out and explain... I am sleepy, no energy, have lots of bladder and bowel problems, back pains.

Forum Moderator

Date Joined Nov 2003
Total Posts : 7164
   Posted 4/18/2012 6:32 PM (GMT -6)   
What kind of bowel problems? Abdominal pain, diarrhea and/or constipation, urgency, bloating, cramping? My WBC was abnormally high and no signs of infection. After explaining my abdominal symptoms, I was sent for a colonoscopy. I was daignosed with Crohn's. This is just one of several different things that could be causing your issue.

Make sure you tell all your doctors all your symptoms. Don't put anything in the "too minor" to include. It may be the key. Good luck as you and your doctor work towards an answer to your high WBC.
Moderator Crohn's disease, Osteoarthritis and Irritable Bowel Forums

CD, Ankylosing Spondylitis, small fiber peripheral neuropathy, avascular necrosis, peripheral artery disease, pulmonary hypertension, degenerative disc disease, asthma, severe allergy and a host of other medical problems.

Veteran Member

Date Joined Dec 2005
Total Posts : 1950
   Posted 4/27/2012 9:12 PM (GMT -6)   
have you seen a good gastroenterologist? White blood cells are also made by the spleen. There are other conditions that can cause these problems, and if the oncologist has cleared you, then you may have to make the rounds. Do you have a good internal medicine doctor? They can tellstou what conditions can affect your WBCs and run some preliminary tests and imaging to get seeing the right specialists. If you are not happy with your internal medicine doc, try a second opinion.
Love, Marji

Meds--Plaquenil, Evoxac, Metformin, HCTZ, HRT patch, Voltaren gel, Klonopin, Ultram, Albuterol, Questran, pancreatic enzymes

Elsie Mae
Regular Member

Date Joined Apr 2012
Total Posts : 32
   Posted 4/27/2012 9:31 PM (GMT -6)   
I recommend that you make a list of all the various health problems you have been experiencing for the past few years, compile all of your lab work, medicines currently on and taken in the past, and get copies of your various doctor reports, then possibly see a good Internal Medicine specialist. That Dr will look over everything to see if he/she can recognize anything and if not to order more tests before making a final diagnosis. I wish you the best. From my own experience, it took MANY years of various symptoms and a multitude of specialists before one doctor finally figured out what I had. Best Wishes!!!
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Sunday, September 23, 2018 2:01 AM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 3,005,798 posts in 329,264 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 161804 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, FADE IN:.
229 Guest(s), 5 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
Georgia Hunter, FADE IN:, CatLady18, fighter87, fiddlecanoe