Could this be lupus? Please help

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

New Member

Date Joined Jan 2013
Total Posts : 2
   Posted 1/28/2013 7:53 AM (GMT -6)   
Hi I am a 27 year old female and have been struggling with chronic hives for 7 months with no relief. I have tried prednisone (multiple times), singular, and every combo of antihistamines + zantac you could think of. A few months ago I started experiencing joint pain in my toes and fingers that would come and go, but hasnt happened in about a month or so. I also started feeling lots of tightness in my chest and trouble breathing so they did a chest x-ray which came back ok and started me on the Singular. I have had allergy testing and many CBCs and everything is "normal" but the only thing that is elevated is my ANA but only 1:80. I also started having night sweats a few months ago and many times at night before I go to bed I will feel like I have a fever but my toes, fingers, and nose are FREEZING and I take my temp and it's 96.0. My toes and fingers often feel like they are cold from the inside out, if that makes any sense. I am tired ALL of the time and feel like I could sleep for days & days at a time. I pretty much just feel like absolute crap all of the time. I feel so dehydrated all of the time despite drinking tons & tons of water (could be from all of the antihistamines drying me out). My sex life is a bust. I have been to my general dr, 2 allergists, and a dermatologist who recently has become very concerned that it's an autoimmune disease. I am going to have my thyroid rechecked (last check was august and it was normal) because I have a family history of Hashimotos but I've been scared that it's lupus all along. I have a gut feeling/KNOW that something is not right with me. My derm is concerned it may be lupus and I am too.... does anybody have any comments or suggestions? Does this sound like it may be lupus? I am miserable and just want a diagnosis so that I can be treated properly and get my life back. cry

Forum Moderator

Date Joined May 2005
Total Posts : 7669
   Posted 1/28/2013 9:59 AM (GMT -6)   
You need to have a rheumotologist check it out -- they are the ones qualified to diagnose and treat autoimmune diseases.

One way to find a Dr is to find your local chapter of and contact them. The local chapter will tell you which doctors in your area are active in the Lupus organization -- that will tell you who sees Lupus most often and thus is best at treatment.

Best wishes -
Lynnwood, Lupus & Sjogren's Moderator
"Life is far too important to be taken seriously" - Oscar Wilde
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Sunday, March 18, 2018 3:43 PM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 2,941,096 posts in 322,716 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 161128 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, jstack23.
359 Guest(s), 14 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
momto2boys, scifigal2k, mattamx, Gemlin, CathyA, hammer8, FreckledFace45, The Dude Abides, Girlie, tonyaraven, Edsson, insomniaaa, California Dreamin, suchatravesty