I'll start off with my introduction. I'm a 24 year old woman, Caucasian, mother of a 5 year-old little boy and a bunch of fur-babies! I've been having alot of things going on lately and after the most recent issue occurred (swollen lymphnodes behind my ears, side of neck and painless bumps on my scalp that became very painful after my picking at them), I began searching online for possible causes for it. I found nothing that related until one site mentioned Lupus as a possibility. I went to a site about Lupus and began reading the symptoms. Needless to say... I believe in all honesty that I have Lupus. As I was reading, things that have been troubling me for at least 12 years were symptoms of Lupus. I rarely ever go to the doctor so most of the symptoms I have haven't been checked by a doctor. The REASON for never going to the doctor is because they never treated my severe joint paint in the past, they tried to say I had growing pains. I lost my faith in them for not helping me. I am going to make an appointment tomorrow morning as this is really weighing on me and my lymphnodes are absolutely excruciating at the moment. I'd like some input as to how I should bring up the subject so my Dr won't just think I'm a hypochondriac and I'll list all my symptoms in the following paragraph, please also let me know if my symptoms sound like Lupus to you. Thank you, I really need help :(
1. Joint Pain. This has been going on since I was around 12 years old. It started in my knees and now most of my joints are affected... ESPECIALLY my knees. My wrists, shoulders, ankles, hips, sometimes hands and fingers. My knees are so bad now that I stood up from a crouching position this past Christmas and my boyfriend asked if my pants just ripped. It was my knees, they sound like they're tearing when I stand-up and crack and 'grind' when I crouch down. It's become horrible to walk up or down stairs as sosometimes my knees will not 'lock' and they 'give out' causing me to drop and often fall. My jaw often hurts, making chewing and yawning painful and sometimes pops so loudly people in another room can hear it.
2. Light Headed, Passing Out. Whenever I stand up from a crouching or sitting position, I get extremely light headed and come close to passing out, which has happened in the past. In 2007 I used the bathroom, then began waking to the living room and passed out cold. The last thing I remember was my mom screaming as she watched me fall. That was the first time. Now I know when I see sparkles and things start going dark and my ears ring ALOT WORSE than they usually do that I need to get back down before I pass out.
3. Face 'Rash'. I never really considered it a rash because it didn't itch but was warm. I did notice it wasn't 'normal' because no one else had it. It isn't raised or extremely red (unless I go out in the sun) but it's there, most of the time. Looks just like the Malar Rash in shape.
4. Sunlight. Recently, in the past couple of years, I cannot tolerate heat or being in sunlight. I experience extreme fatigue, nausea, my skin feels like it's on FIRE in direct sunlight, the 'rash' on my face gets alot darker and I get red patchy areas anywhere exposed to the sun.
5. Dry Eyes. Enough said. My eyes are so dry it's pitiful, I've even had the lining of my inner eyelids start to peel, from friction I guess.
6. Tinnitus. The horrible ringing, pulsing, and random sounds in my head are absolutely LOUD and I can't remember when they started. The ringing is similar in frequency to a jet taking off. The pulsing is like hearing a heart beat on an ultrasound but is faster than my own heart beat. I sometimes hear people talking when I know no one is around, and sometimes I hear music playing with no singing, even though I know there's no radio on. My hearing isn't the best, if I wear a toboggan I have to leave my ears uncovered to be able to hear what people sitting across from me are saying.
7. Fatigue and Insomnia. The insomnia has been going on since about the same time as my knee pain. It takes FOREVER for me to fall asleep no matter how tired I am. I used to take benadryl to knock myself out until it stopped working. Once I do fall asleep, I sleep like a rock. The fatigue is more recent, this year actually. It doesn't matter how long I sleep, I still wake up feeling incredibly exhausted. I just don't feel like doing anything anymore besides laying around. I am unemployed at the moment, thankfully because I wouldn't be able to work. It's that bad. I'm a very active person, I love to go and do, love to hunt and hike. This sucks, to be blunt.
8. Nose Sores. These arent cold sores. They're painful and annoying. One side of my nose is almost always swollen shut. My nose bleeds alot too. Just the other day I was at the vets office with my litter of Dobermans getting their tails docked and it started pouring the blood.
9. Loss of Appetite. On and off. Sometimes for a couple weeks I just have no appetite whatsoever. At least once a month.
10: Random Bruises. Self explanatory. They just pop up out of no where, mainly on my arms and legs. Sometimes my face around my lower jaw and on my fingers and bottoms of my feet.
11. Depression, Mood Swings. I've had issues with depression and anxiety for a very long time. Lately though it's so bad I honestly DO NOT feel like 'me'. I get these CRAZY suspicions that I know are absolutely absurd but still worry myself over them even though 'the real me' knows better... Hope this makes sense. Hard to explain this one :/
12. I CANNOT take birth control. I don't know if this is related in any way but it absolutely makes me SICK. I can't eat, drink, hell...I can't even smoke a cigarette without puking everywhere. I tried to get Mirana and it wouldn't 'fit'. My GYNO said I'd have to have it surgically implanted. I said the hell with it. I've had a long history of Ovarian cysts as well and I question my fertility for numerous reasons.
I think that's enough, there are more. I have a list of 40 different things but these are the worst. Please let me know your thoughts and opinions.