Well, I had my two f/u appointments with my primary care doctor and the orthopedic doctor. Guess I'll start with the orthro guy.
He said I can come out of the boot.
Can anyone tell I'm excited? After spending the past nine weeks in a cast or that stupid boot, I'm beyond happy tonight. Have to say it feels funny wearing a shoe on my left foot. Will start PT tomorrow on the left foot also will start PT on my back too, another woo hoo
My back has been killing me from rupturing my tendon and I can't wait to get relief. The pain has been so bad I've thought at times I'd lose my mind. Anyway, back to the orthro guy, he said that I still have Achilles tendonitis in my left foot, as well as my right. He said that he can feel the calcification in the tendons on both feet. Said I'll have this problem the rest of my life. That taking prednisone puts me at a 40% higher risk of rupturing them.
Get good news, then bad seems to be the way of my life.
Told me to take it easy over the next couple weeks, if I start having pain go back into the boot
I say I'd rather die first. If my tendons feel NO better in 2 months I need to see them again. The fact that my baby toe and the one next to it is numb is worrisome but we will wait and see.
Primary doctor agreed to a muscle relaxer, not sure for how long or if she gave any refills. I didn't pick up the medication, it was a two hour wait at the medical center pharmacy. I'll go in I guess later today and get it. So, yeah for her giving to me, but I'll be bummed if she only gave me a few, I understand why, she worries about
my breathing, but man I hurt so bad.
I need to get blood cultures done, a sinus CT, and PET/CT of my lungs. I've been having fevers, sweats, chills, and severe fatigue since August. They are worried my mediport is infected, the last time I had those symptoms it was my port that was infected. IF my port is infected it's going to cause me a HUGE problem. They will have to pull my port and my cardiac monitor out of my chest. Bacteria collects around these devices and it will just keep reinfecting me.
The big problem is I have a MASSIVE blood clot in my SVC. If they have to pull my port they may not be able to get another one in me.
I've been requiring a lot of blood transfusions as of late and w/o a port I'm not sure what they will do. I've very nervous about
this whole prospect, I mean I don't want an infection but I do want my symptoms to go away. Plus, we can't seem to keep my INR in range, at the moment I'm at risk of making another clot.
Rheumy and oncologist feel I may have an atypical infection in my lungs, which could cause the symptoms, but apparently these types of infections are hard DX and treat. Also, they want to keep bumping up my MTX until my liver can't handle anymore
Not sure I like this plan but will have to wait and see.
Will see my oncologist next Tuesday and on Thursday I'll see the radiation oncologist who will start radiation again on the warts on my fingers. I sure hope that they can get rid of them, it worked the first time but apparently I didn't get enough radiation. However, having it again so soon, may make me lose my thumb
of course I'd already asked them to surgically remove it so who cares right?
Guess that's all the news here, hubby's working and getting paid, when not sure but soon I hope. Cat is holding his own, daughter is good, but way way busy at school. If you can tolerate the shot, please remember to get your flu shots. I'm allergic to them, but the family are getting them. It's closing in on the holidays and cold and flu season with it.
Hope everyone has a great day with low pain levels, loads of energy, and just happy well feelings. If not I'm sending many prayers, positive energy, thoughts and loads of hugs your way. Love to you all and thanks for supporting me.
DX- RA, Lupus, Fibro, LGL Leukemia, Pulmonary Hypertension, Bells Palsy, Gastroparsis, Blood Clots, Glaucoma, Chronic Pericarditis & Pleurisy, Severe Anemia. Way to many medications to list.