Barbara has asked me to let you know about
a potentially dangerous surgery she has coming up on Thursday, January 7th. She has had a blood clot in her chest for several months that they have been unable to manage with medication. It inhibits her breathing enough that she turns purple whenever she bends over and they have finally decided she is stable enough to try to remove the clot.
Because of Barbara's issues with slow healing, they hope to go in thru her arm. Failing that, they will try the jugular or perhaps the groin. If something goes wrong they will have to
open her chest. Let's all hope & pray that doesn't occur. If all goes well, she should be home in a few days and feeling much better.
In other news, the wound on her ankle is healing and showing marked improvement. Unfortunately, the problem on the bottom of her heel remains and is quite painful.
I will post again with updates as I get them.
Post Edited (Lynnwood) : 1/4/2016 8:55:01 PM (GMT-7)