Have any of you attempted a more natural way of dealing with your Lupus (ie. homeopathy/naturopathy/alternative/other)? If so, I would love to hear about
Some of my experiences, include:
1. Going to see a Naturopath. Once I heard that he was telling people he was Jesus I promptly stopped seeing him. Weirdo. His herbs and services did nothing to make me feel better.
2. Going to see a Naturopath/MD (yes, they do exist!). His products and services were so expensive, there is no way I (or my Mom) could have afforeded them. He was really nice, though, and had a wonderful reputation.
3. Using Nikken magnetic products. Now some of you may think think is just some New-Age bogus fad, but I truly don't. (When I'm not travelling) I still use the Nikken sleep system (mattress and comforter), as well as the water bottle. I can't say using these products alone helped me into my (former) remission, but I truly believe that combined with everything else, they did).
4. Accupuncture. I swear by this. I got it done weekly, then eventually only when I needed it. I got it done for my hand mobility, and it helped wonders!
5. Vitmamins. I started taking a multivitamin, along with a Calcium/Magnesium supp, and Omega 3/6/9 supp.
6. Massage. The woman I get my massages from is very spiritual. I believe that her work on me really helped me to bring me up when I was feeling down.
7. Prayer. I remember when I was at work one day, a lady came up to me and said, "You're Jen ******, aren't you?" And I said, "yes". And she said, "I just wanted you to know that every Sunday in our prayer circle at church, we pray for you". To this day, I still have no idea who that lady was. I never saw her again...... Just that experience alone, lifted my spirits.
My Mother was diagnosed with Lupus last year. Some of her ways of controlling the symptoms, include:
1. Biofeedback. This is amazing! I thought it was just a bunch of hocus-pocus at first, but when I went to a session with my Mom, I became a believer! (I will definately be doing biofeedback treatments when I return home from my trip).
2. Ionic footbaths (to purge the body of toxins, heavy metals, and tension). Again I thought this was kind of weird at first, but again, I quickly became a believer! (I will definately be doing ionic footbath treatments when I return home from my trip, as well).
What are your experiences?