Posted 11/5/2007 1:01 AM (GMT -7)
I've been writing all over the place, thought I should try to organise it a bit better LOL I am just so excited for answers.
Im coming up into another this time very serious flare... so Im getting stuck into the research so tomorrow I will go to my doctor armed with info.
These are my symptoms... the majority commencing during pregnancy or afterward;
- Headaches, feeling of sparks in my head
- Hairloss, everytime I am stressed or sick I lose lots of hair
- Fever usually combined or causes tummy pain or tummy upset. Its brought on by quick temperature change, sun, sunburn or overheating or quick chilling from heating (walking from aircon to the hot sun or vice versa). Sometimes I get fever all by its lonesome.
- Joint pain. Worse over night and in the morning and my hands for example get worse with typing. I dont have joint specific swelling or deformity.
- Swelling or water retention.
- Short term memory loss. But this isnt wondering where I left the keys kind of short term memory loss, its like a switch is flicked in my brain and suddenly I forget what I am saying, doing or where Im going.
I have very little memory if any at all of what happened the previous day. Sometimes when I am feeling my most clear, I will remember the previous days events. When Im having a flare I will for no reason, replace letters. Not mix letters up, but totally replace them with others without any knowledge or intention to, that is as I am talking. When I get like this I will also suffer confusion and terrible fog.
- Unexplained bruises as mentioned.
- Stomach cramps, very painful and usually when I eat in the morning. Weetbix especially sets it off.
- Anemia. Im also allergic to ferrus metals which makes taking iron supplements impossible.
- Light headedness/dizziness and a kind of lack of co-ordination. I will completely and unwittingly judge things to be in a different spot to where they actually are and completely innocently walk into them.
- Facial rash, brought on by sun most commonly, or stress.
- twitching and weird nerve signals. Mostly when I am tired or fatigued. This gets really bad during a flare and combined with terrible joint pain makes sleeping nearly impossible.
- Low blood pressure.
- Weightloss for no obvious reason.
- dry eyes and mouth.
- Always high protien in my urine.
- Always extremely high CRP and high ESR (I dont know what this means, I just know for the last year all my CRP results have been classified in the extremely high danger range yet the doctors seemed blaze about it).
- ANA that is most commonly positive for what ever ANA makes you positive for but is sometimes negative for it as well.
- Positive for another one, anti-DNA I think.
- Negative for all others, or borderline so not of concern.
- I had one of the lab techs tell me once that I tested positive for APS but doctors have apparently ruled that out.
- Slightly low thyroid.
If anyone could make sense of this for me, give me some advice on what to ask my doctors about... that would help me enormously.