Well everyone, I was back in the hospital this Friday and just got released today (Monday). We had a huge scare this weekend and thought that this was going to be it and the baby was going to be coming. Thankfully he didn't and I'm still pregnant, but doubtfully for much longer. So, I went in to Labor & Delivery Friday evening because I began bleeding. I thought that it might be my mucous plug coming out, but the blood was very bright red and kept coming, so off we went. At the hospital I began having painful contractions and of course was admitted for the night. I was given an ultrasound and the baby looked fine, but the source of my bleeding was still a mystery. Late that night the bleeding stopped, and thankfully never began again, but still we didn't know why. I was given i.v. fluids, antibiotics, and injections of medication to stop the contractions. I also had blood work done that night and the following morning, which gave the conclusive answer that I had a placental abruption. It was a minor one, thank god, but an abruption no less, so the concern begins to set in the I could soon have a major one, so I was kept in the hospital saturday night as well, to make sure the bleeding was definately over and that my contractions were stopping. While I was there the gave me two shots of steriods to help develope the babies lungs, in case I went into labor while I was there. They had to be given 24 hours apart, so I was given my 2nd yesterday at noon, and had to wait 24 hours because the injections can themselves cause contractions. So finally this morning rolled around, still on antibiotics, medicine for contractions, but all in all everything was looking good, until my doctor came in. He knew that I wanted to go home in the worst way and said that he just had to check my cervix because of the contractions and then I would be able to go home. Well, he did the exam and determined that I basically have no cervix left, I'm about
80% effaced (thinned out) but only dialated 1cm. So just to make sure he was right he ordered an ultrasound to check the cervix, and of course he was right. But thankfully he still let me go home, on very very strict bedrest. I'm allowed to lay down, go to the restroom and bath, and that's it, but I'd much rather do that at home than at the hospital. I'll see my doctor tomorrow and I will be 35 weeks and he thinks if I can keep him in one more week, we'll be fine. So I'm trying with everything I have to keep this little guy in for a week, but luckily he had the shots in case something happens. Well that's enough sitting up for me time to get back to bed and I will keep you all posted, not too much longer now.