i live in an area where lyme is very uncommon. The reason I brought it up to my doc is because I remember pulling a tick off of my leg about 10 years ago. I have been in ok health since then but allways had achy joints. In the last year I have developed the symptoms listed below. I had one doc test me for lyme but it came back negitive. Then another doc told me that the testing around here was not good at testing for lyme (i'm in florida) so he sent for another test that came back negitive but it did show that there was some bactiria (not sure what that meant) Then I had a test that was positive for the EBV virus and a positive ANA. So please read my symptoms and if anyone can relate, please let me know.....i'm doing ok most days but scared that I have something really bad that I might find when it's to late. Thanks
Please note, all of the symptoms i'm about to list come and go. I can have a day when I can hardly sit down to drive and the very next day drive 300 miles and never think about it.
- The back of both of my legs (hamstring area) hurt when sitting. Sometimes I think it's a burning feeling, maybe a stinging, or it's just painful. When it's bad and i'm driving I put the set all the way back and sit on the very edge on my but.
- I also have this same (or very similar feeling) with both feet. It is very painful to stand..Burning, stinging. It was only on my heels but now it's the whole foot/feet. this is only where there is pressure......same with backs of legs.
- I'm having vision problems....very blurry...hard to use computer. (I’ve seen an optamoligest and an optometrist) both say I have 20/20 vision.
- In the beginning I had shortness of breath everyday for 4 months. At rest. The only thing that helped was to chew gum or walk...or keep myself busy. I do think this one could have been due to stress.
- I get sore muscles for no reason. like right now my neck is really sore. but tomorrow it may be my leg.
Above are the main symptoms but here are a list of other odd things I have felt over the last year:
- I sometimes get a dull aching pain in my groin area that seems to run down my leg
- I get a dull aching pain just under my ribs on my left side.
- I get strange feelings in my neck…not sure how to explain this one but if you’re having the same thing then you’ll know what I’m talking about.
- I itch sometimes, not really bad though
- At the top of my left knee I get a very sharp pain (nerve) that runs down my legs when touched. This comes and goes.
- I don’t get headaches much but when I do it’s on the side of my head or in the back just above my neck.