That is a nice dose of amoxicillin. I used to do about
2 years ago. I did the 6000mg for about
a year and it was a great drug for lyme in combo with biaxin. So many people on here preach toxin build up this and toxic build up that. I don't think people realize how natural many of these antibiotics really are. Most of them are actually produced from bacteria. If you had been doing it for a year or two straight then maybe i'd think of toxin build up. Die off toxins are of a concern but this is just the beginning for you. Cutting your dose in half or less for a few weeks is a good idea if the herx becomes intolerable. Try 1500mg per day for the first week or two and increase to 3000mg etc as the weeks go by.
This is most likely a herx. An allergic reaction is of concern but that almost always comes in the form of skin rashes/swelling and throat issues. You are or were a nurse, i think you know what i'm talking about. Most lyme dr's start people on low doses of weaker antibiotics because to be honest, they don't want to be bugged in the middle of the night with a phone call when people call them thinking they are being poisoned or dying but it is actually a herx. If you ever wondered what we were talking about when we speak of a herx, you should most likely know now. If you wonder if you are even infected with something, i think this should put that speculation to rest. Hang in there it will get better as each week or month goes by. You have to walk through hell to make it to the other side when it comes to the infamous lyme and co-infection treatment.