Mepron & Zith Combo with Ceftin

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

New Member

Date Joined Oct 2008
Total Posts : 18
   Posted 1/26/2009 7:44 PM (GMT -6)   
Hey All...
It's been a while. thought I'd come back and post a quick Question regarding Meds. My Wife has been on the Zith & Mepron Combo. She has regained some strength and physical ability. Not quite cured, in fact far from it. The MD has just added Ceftin (Cefdinir) 2X/Day to the regimen. And wouldnt you know it, all the little tricks & Herx and Symptoms are all flaring up again. we're told to expect a spike. has anyone experienced the same, or different? Can anyone please comment on their experience with this Ceftin?... Thx, RMV

Veteran Member

Date Joined Feb 2003
Total Posts : 9208
   Posted 1/26/2009 8:35 PM (GMT -6)   

Hi RMV.  How long has your wife been on Mepron and Zithromax?  What doses of each is she taking?  This combo is used to treat the co-infection Babesiosis, although Zithromax can be effective against Lyme also. 

How many doses of Ceftin has she taken?  Does she take 500 mg twice daily?  Ceftin is used to treat Lyme.  It is not unusual for symptoms to flare when a new medication is added.  Does your wife keep a symptom journal?  This is very important.  One way to do this is to document the main symptoms she has each day with a numerical rating of their severity from 1-10.  Over time when she reviews this, she can see when her herxes occur and how she is responding to the meds.

New Member

Date Joined Oct 2008
Total Posts : 18
   Posted 1/26/2009 11:00 PM (GMT -6)   
Hello Ticker

Jennifer has been on the Mepron & Zith(250mg - 2x/day) for approx 2 months. We were advised that the Babesiosis was to be treated and THEN cater to the Lyme. So your information is accurate. She just started the Ceftin (300mg -2x/day) and boy is she feeling flares. She does keep a journal, and she does rate from 1 - 10. All seem o be on course, just a little scary going through it.

Our two Daughters (13 and 8) have also tested positive IgM. We caught them very early. The ID MD had put them on Doxy for 30 days. We now wait for the next several days to see if/when the symptoms fade. We planned a visit with my wife's Specialist for late Feb. Hopefully, it works out. Our fear is that the Doxy treatment wont suffice. Symptoms are crazy. Headaches, Tummy Aches, Eratic behavior, moodiness, very emotional, irritable, some hair thinning etc... God has a plan for us, and we're behaving until it all plays out.
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Sunday, September 23, 2018 7:00 PM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 3,005,917 posts in 329,282 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 161809 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, DragonM.
256 Guest(s), 6 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
M60 tanker, logoslidat, Matthew Sleeman, lymedriven, Inky07, Pixie415