THANK YOU.....for all the responses. I suppose I should have given more background. I have been so worried about this that I did not think of it. Yes, I was treated for babesia, and after a big flare last summer my Dr said he believed I had treatment failure (is this common?) so he changed my meds from the previous babesia treatment, now I am on Malarone, Bactrim DS, Bicilin shots, and a slew of supplements. I finally got a call back from my Dr. this afternoon saying I should add Artemisinin and Herbal calm to see if that will help with the air hunger. I am also going to go back on a Thyroid med~ Armour. As of right now I am just praying that it will work and make it go away.
I have written down all of your suggestions and appreciate it more than I can write. There is some peace in knowing that I am not alone, and that others understand. My family (not spouse) are very inconsiderate and just do not care to understand, or try too.
Previous Antibiotic treatment~
- October 2006 Doxycycline;
- March 2007 added Mepron, Zithromax, Azithromycin;
- April 2007 Added Bicilin Shots, Artemisinin;
- June 07 stopped Doxy, Azithromycin;
- July 07 added Flagyl and plaquenil;
- October 07 stopped Mepron, Zithromax, Plaquenil, Flagyl, I started Levaquin, Armour;
- January 08 Stopped Levaquin, added Flagyl (again) and Fluconazole;
- June 08 added Bactrim Ds, Malarone;
- November 08 stopped Armour, Fagyl, Fluconozole
Again, thank you for helping and sharing your experiences. This is the only place I know of where so many people support each other within this crumby disease.
Post Edited (limberlostgirl) : 2/13/2009 6:23:14 PM (GMT-7)