Posted 7/2/2010 12:59 PM (GMT -8)
I'm new to this forum, but unfortunately a Lyme 'veteran'. I joined because I wanted to reply to this thread, & to Beths in particular.
I was diagnosed about 4 years ago, but probably contracted Borrelia about 10 years ago. You know the type of story-I gradually slowed down, but then very fortunately eventually, through my Nutritionist, found a CFS specialist who turned out to be a LLMD . I've done 18 months of different abx combined with Samento for about ...3-4 years. Plus many nutritional supps, good diet, lots of water, thyroid hormones (T3 & ERFA (which is like Armour)) etc. etc.... [I've tried a number of other treatments, some wth very negative side-effects, but I'm not mentioning them here as I know that they have been great for other patients. It's a very individual thing, isn't it?] I'm much better now than I was, but still not 'there' yet.
My LLMD (UK) talked to me about the Cowden Condensed Protocol this week, & since then I've been doing some research:
- A lot of good stuff has already been said in this thread, so I'll just include any additional info'.
- The full details of the Condensed Protocol can be found here:
- It is fine & recommended to go as slowly with increasing dosage as your body needs. It also needs to be adjusted for body weight.
- The new 'infused' Banderol, Samento, Mora, Enula, Cumanda & Quina can be used with their 'old' original equivalents - that's because with the new Protocol you get one bottle of the new infused versions of each, which you then top up with the 'normal (uninfused) versions. [So perhaps Beths, you could get Month 1 of the new Condensed Protocol & then use your 'old' NutraMedix herbs with these? N.B. You only get 2 'infused' bottles in Month 1-Samento & Banderol.]
- I'm considering getting Month 1 of the Condensed Protocol to get the infused Samento & Banderol, since these are the two herbs my LLMD has most success with.
- This success may be partly explained by a very interesting study published just this month (July 2010) on combined Samento & Banderol:
This indicates that Samento & Banderol work best together, & kill Spirochetes and ‘Round Bodies’ and ‘Biofilm-like Colonies’ of Borrelia Burgdorferi. I.e. All forms .
And interestingly, Doxy’ only kills Spirochetes, whilst increasing ‘Round Bodies’.
My conclusion (& it is mine ) is that, presumably, the Doxy’ prompts the Spirochetes to go into defensive mode & hang around in the ‘Round Body’ form until the Doxy’ stops. This probably explains why people relapse after finishing abx as the Round forms convert back to Spirochetes & go back to their old mischief in greater numbers than before.
-I’m therefore definitely going to get some Banderol (may, or may, not be infused), & add it in very gradually with my Samento.
-My LLMD & I are going to discuss whether it's worth me doing the full Condensed Protocol after we get the results back from my most recent tests (Inter-Cellular Calcium, B12 & Thyroid function).
-I also find that Oxygen helps with energy & detox, e.g. Aerobic Oxygen
So that's my bit of input - hope that helps people.
I've also got a couple of related questions, which I'll ask here & then do a separate post:
Pinella is one of the newer NutraMedix Cowden herbs (it's used in the first few days of the Condensed Protocol along with Burbur & Parsley to detox) - does anyone have any experience of using it?
Does anyone have experience of using Teasel (not a Cowden herb, but maybe should be)?!
I also find that a smile helps - see the De-Stressing thread.