Thank you so much for your input, CajunGrl. It is very much appreciated. I swear I am asking so many questions and reading all that I can -- I really hope to be of some help and benefit to someone soon!
On the HaverfordWellness link, I read that having lyme specific antibodies does not necessarily mean you have a live lyme infection. This is one of my biggest questions, because my Quest WB IgG showed I have antibodies specific to lyme. I guess I have no doubt I have been exposed to lyme -- I had illnesses, one more serious than the newer one -- after 2 known tick bites. As you've probably noticed, I continue to question whether or not my body has succeeded or is still fighting to win against those darnable spirochetes! In many ways I am not as sick as I was 2 yrs ago, but in others, too much stuff has not improved. (including the cognitive) I'm not sure that I'm getting sicker (until I have a sick day, ha!) I do understand, tho, what you said about
'remission'. I guess I have not yet experienced that unless I'm in one now.
I do not believe I'm in denial, I've just always been a truth seeker (.... constantly disappointed because it's so elusive.....)
Right now I'm in that Limboland that I'm sure you all have lived in yourselves. I have an appt w/ a LLMD first Tues of June, but BCBS has told me to cancel it, because they doubt they will cover the visit, or more importantly, the labs. I have requested that my PCP submit his documentation of his referral and I am logging everything, including the rude, snotty remarks BCBS has made.
Sorry, got off topic there, but my intention here is to say I am by God going to learn if I have an active Lyme infection. If I am convinced that I do, I am willing to be a bit of a G Pig. I'm not sick enough to accept a pic line, but I will take whatever antibiotics are prescribed, if they are prescribed. I will see if I feel better. If I ever feel completely better, I will go off the abx regardless of what llmd says, and I will see what happens.
I know a lot of you have already done this and suffered from the consequences, but I will do it and learn. If I am convinced I have an active infection, I will also up my C megadoses and go heavier on the garlic, adding probiotics and whatever other supplements will help my immune system.
Couple of other things:
1. I would be able to afford 1 or 2 Igenex tests, however, they will not test you without a Dr's order.
2. I just looked up Quest PCR test and they say false positive results are possible. I don't get that?
3. There has GOT to be some kind of test available thru our insurance policies that will help us get a proper diagnosis. I know everyone is fighting for that and I will join in that fight. I will start by writing to Quest and requesting info on the bands they did not report.
Meantime, I'm fighting BCBS and staying on another LLMD's long waiting list.
CajunGrl, did you not test positive by Igenex? I'm sorry, I've read everyone's results, but can't remember them all....
Post Edited (LymeUnknown) : 5/25/2009 1:37:23 PM (GMT-6)