1. Detox Bath: Put the thermometer in the water to make sure the temperature is around 98 degrees, not hotter. (You do not want HOT water as that can make you feel worse).
As the water is running, add 4 cups of Epsom Salts and entire bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide (32 oz., food grade is 3%).
Some people add Baking Soda instead of the Salts (makes the body alkaline). Yes, all these ingredients get absorbed through one's pores. Your skin is the largest living organ.
Before getting into the bath, you will need a Natural Fiber Brush and do a "dry skin brushing" to unclog your pores always brushing toward your heart, don't forget to brush the soles of your feet too!
The Epsom Salts help draw out the toxins and at the same time the magnesium absorbs into your bloodstream, most people do not have enough magnesium. The Hydrogen Peroxide adds oxygen into your bloodstream which lyme spirochetes hate. Try to stay in the bath a minimum of 20 to 30 minutes, the longer, the better.
Most people feel "worse" during the first week of detox baths and eventually feel better since it is a cumulative effect.
2. Foot Bath: There are so many "recipes" for foot baths, you can have fun with them and I do them when I am sitting at my computer or knitting on my couch relaxing.
***The Soles of the Feet have the most pores compared to any other part of the body (about 2000 pores per foot)***
Do this 2 to 3 times a day or more if you can for at least 30 minutes.
Recipe #1: Mustard/Pepper Bath: Mix "HOT" water in a basin with Dry Mustard Powder (1 tablespoon) and Cayenne Pepper (1 teaspoon) and soak for at least 30 minutes just enough water to cover the bottoms of your feet.
Recipe #2: 1 cup of Epsom Salts and 1/2 cup of Hydrogen Peroxide. First brush the soles of your feet before putting them into a basin filled with Hot water with the other ingredients and soak for 30 minutes.
3. Dry Skin Brush: Once again, a natural fiber brush (can be found at any drug store), brush your entire body toward your heart. Purpose: Getting rid of dead skin that are clogging your pores and keeping toxins inside.
4. Internal Cleansing: Paragone is a good product to get rid of parasites that come from drinking water, eating red meat, raw fish, and processed foods. I also like "living clay" or bentonite clay to drink internally but please read the instructions as it must be taken on an empty stomach. It is a fantastic binder of toxins and heavy metals and your body will not only eliminate them but also rid your body of parasites as well. I also take Aloe Master.
NOTE: People on antibiotics should NOT drink any type of clay.
5. Building Immune System: I drink Green Vibrance Powder (contains billions of probiotics), very expensive but well worth every penny because of all the ingredients. I also take Vitamin C, B Complex, Omega-3 capsules, and other supplements.
When a person is sick with any illness it robs the body of these much-needed nutrients.
When a person's immune system gets stronger, their body is more capable of fighting off bacteria's and viruses on their own. Yes, lyme disease causes viruses too.
6. Diet: Avoid all sugar, alcohol, breads, carbs as they convert into sugar, try to eat healthy and avoid acidic foods (soda - any type is the worse thing a person could put into their body), very acidic. Drink as much filtered water as possible (adding fresh lemon is very good), at least 6 glasses a day (I don't believe in bottled water, they say it's really tap water, I personally like the Brita Walter Filter Canister).
7. Stress: Stress is detrimental to anyone's health and to try to eliminate as much stresses from your life can only benefit you. Of course there are stresses one can not avoid but one can learn how to deal with it in a healthier fashion, having a stressful day? Learn deep breathing exercises, watch a funny movie.
Good book to buy for stress is 60-Second ****zu: The Natural Way to Energize, Erase Pain, and Conquer Tension in One Minute (Paperback)
by Eva Shaw
8. When you feel strong enough, try to start exercising even if it is only yoga as stretching is so good for you and also relaxing. There is meditation if you can't exercise. As you build up your immune system you will get strong enough to do whatever exercise of you like.
Purpose: you are getting oxygen into your bloodstream and lyme bacteria's hate oxygen! Plus the extra benefits of exercise is it makes you feel good mentally because it naturally raises your serotonin levels and takes away depression.
9. Find a licensed Lymphatic Drainage Therapist, LDT is another fantastic way to rid your body of toxins.
If you can start doing some of these things, your body will love you for it and you will start feeling so good!
10. Positive thinking - It takes training of the mind but you if really want to do it, you can. We all have choices on how we view life, one can choose to be negative, angry or bitter or just accept that you are ill because acceptance is half the battle with any disease and leads to a more healthy way of life by dealing with it.
What this does for Lyme: the answer is by detoxing you are ridding your body of the toxins and ammonia that lyme bacteria's cause. By building up your immune system, your body can start killing off the bacteria's on it's own.
detox foot pads
sauna (if you have access to one)
organic body products
parasite cleanse (paragone)
essential oils for detoxification
magnet therapy for electromagnetic stress
Some products that reduce toxic load on the body are Dr. Jernigan's Neuro Antitox and also Molybdenum is helpful.
Detoxifying is much like exercising, you need to do it regularly and in consistent doses in order to get results. You won't get miracle results from one-time use.