My opinion is what you are experiencing is toxins from the bacteria dying off.
In order not to feel so bad, I believe it would be good for you to start on a Detox Regime to get rid of the dead bacteria which in turn are called toxins that cause havoc to one's body if they stay inside..
Have you heard of Detox Baths using Epsom Salts and Hydrogen Peroxide? Also, there are foot detox baths that consist of mixing cayenne pepper and dry mustard powder in hot water and you dry skin brush your feet. When someone first mentioned detoxing to me I thought they were nuts since I had never heard of it and didn't believe at that time detoxing was beneficial until I started doing them myself.
Perhaps we need to bump up the Detoxing Thread.
Hope you feel better,
It's all about the Immune System mixed with a large dose of Positive Thinking and Daily Detoxing ~ Pay It Forward!!
This song is about my years with chronic lyme since 1995 and being in remission for over 3 years: