Yes. The heat from the bath and/or the stuff put in the water to encourage detoxing may also trigger a herx or herx-like symptoms as the toxins are pulled out of the body.
Some possible reasons for a herx from detox baths:
Baking soda = very alkaline and high in sodium; probably kills some spirochetes
Epsom salts = also very alkaline; bacteria generally prefer more acidic environments
Hydrogen Peroxide = high in oxygen, which kills bacteria (hence why it is applied to wounds to clean them, and why the body's own immune system makes hydrogen peroxide for the purpose of killing pathogens)
Hot water = increases circulation, bringing more white blood cells and oxygen into parts of the body that don't usually see as much, thus possibly "routing out" hiding spirochetes
I was told to only do detox foot soaks once a week because they trigger some serious fatigue for me. I had an ionizing detox foot bath once and it took me 6 months to recover to previous energy levels because I felt totally depleted of minerals from the ionization. I do not believe I'm that toxic (the Lyme has caused me to need to fast on a regular basis due to gut issues)...so the only thing I can conclude is that there is some amount of die-off going on.
It would be good to discuss this with your LL doctor too...
Chronic Lyme Disease, Chronic Bartonella (clinical dx only), Gluten & Sulfite Sensitivity, Many Food/Inhalant/Medication/Chemical Allergies & Intolerances, Asthma, Gut issues (dysmotility, non-specific inflammation), UCTD ("Secondary Lupus-Like Syndrome"), Osteoporosis, chronic Lymphopenia, etc.; G-Tube; Currently trying to wean off TPN.
Meds: Pulmicort, IV Ceftazidime, Heparin (to flush PICC line), Claritin, Domperidone, Colloidal Silver (used topically), probiotics, Milk Thistle, homeopathy.