Posted 12/17/2009 11:20 AM (GMT -6)
There are some people who get bit and dont even have symptoms for years later.
This is true in my case. Wasnt until five years later when it multipled in my body
to an extreme that my immune system could no longer fight it off. Extreme stress
came into my life which makes the lyme bacteria love that in their host.
I have also met people who have been bit and knew that they were bit because
right away they had gotten a fever, bullseye rash, went to the doctors within a week
of getting bit, and got meds and are fine.
My own daughter got bit in may of this year, got the bullseye rash, fever, flu like symptoms.
Everyone is different, just like some people are allergic to poison ivy and some arent. But if that
person thats not allergic goes and rolls around in it will eventually have some form of reaction from being
exposed to an extreme amount of the poison.
Hope this helps you understand everyone is different.