I have the ringing in my ears and it is worse sometimes than others. Seems to be the worst at night. I know it is a lyme symptom, but my LLMD says that the ringing can also be caused by toxins irritating the nerves in the ears. My understanding is that apparently since the nerves in the ears are tiny they can be easily irritated by stuff like toxins.
I haven't found anything that I can tell helps. My dr swears that burbur helps with the toxins...I can't tell, but I keep taking it b/c she believes it does :-)