Surely there is someone out there who could tell me/us a bit more about SS Disability? (is there any other type?)
I will try to be brief as possible (have looked up some stuff)
1) Most important question: How is the amount received determined? How much might one receive?
2) I am currently working full time. Currently living life as best I can. Outward appearance may appear fine, but it is at a great cost to me: pain, emotional problems (depression & anxiety), cognitive problems.
3) I am currently under Dr's care for all problems, except that I have not yet seen ortho specialist for my back, (only chiro) altho I have X-rays (and interpretation) proving my spine is a disaster: severe rotoscoliosis, degenerative disk disease, fused disks, pelvic unleveling, advance spondylosis, and much more.
I have Lyme, at least 2 strains of active babesia infections, chronic EBV, possible active HHV6 infection, along w/ the spine problems. I am in treatment for 'major recurrent depression', altho it has not been 'recurrent' since my tick bite -- it has been constant. Also being treated for anxiety.
I cannot stand on my feet for any length of time. Physically, I can perform my current job, because I work at a desk and during hours of a court shift (I'm a court clerk), I am permitted a stool.
What interferes in this job are my cognitive issues, depression, anxiety, and chronic pain and fatigue.
4) I understand it can take months to begin receiving benefits. Would I be permitted to work until then? Or would that prove I CAN work, even tho it is a great cost to me: pain, cognitive and emotional?
I am having serious problems at work which are actually not related to my infections, except the cognitive issues do play a small part. I am planning on moving to my parents' state next year. I feel so sick that I know it will take me an entire year to accomplish this, but it will require more money than I will have, so not sure how I'll figure that part out. If I could survive on disability until I am settled there and find suitable work, that would help tremedously.
Anyone know about these things, please? I am not sure how long I can survive my current job and feeling pretty desperate at this time.
5) I am almost 57 yrs old. 1 year may be enough, depending on how Lyme treatment progresses.