Hello Lymester, thanks for writing this much.
If the overpricing about
the charcoal and jogger juice is true than you certainly have a point when you say that this is a bad sign. Not the first person to fall for greed, luxury and wealth. Wrong attitude.
But does that mean that his whole project is a fake. I don't think so.
Could the mercury aspect not at least be a contributing factor of why lyme can become so devastating with one person and cause no trouble for the other? Why would it have to be 'this or that' and not 'this and
that'? Sure Lyme is a big thing and can make you really sick, but so is the mercury from amalgam. They both produce neurotoxins and burden the immune system.
It appears that you have studied the matter rather well, but focus on the weaker points so you can ignore the stronger. Of course it would be more comfortable to believe that this amalgam thing is overrated and not true.
I will not go into the discussion of whether having mercury fillings is weakening your immune system or not, because there has been so overwhelming evidence of this around the world causing various countries to simply ban amalgam already. It is not really a matter of debate any more.
As for Huggins, he does have a special position in this because he is dealing with the matter for so many years now already and he has been very active in this. He has added a few different aspect more than most anti amalgam dentists, but that is likely due to experience.
Have you read any of his books? I did read 'Its all in your head' and to my estimation its a very truthful report of experience. A double blind study is a difficult thing to realise with this, so you must accept empirical evidence and blood levels as well as anecdotal info.
There was this experiment though, where radioactive fillings were placed in sheep, just to see where the mercury would migrate towards. It was easy to see that the mercury concentrated in brain, liver and kidneys and was about
everywhere else in minor quantities. Considering the overall consensus on the toxicity of mercury this is an important finding.
So there is enough proof and enough scientific material to back it up but there is no one so blind as the ones who choose not to see. Is there anyone taking the quack watch seriously?
Whether amalgam sets you up for Lyme depends on how bad the body becomes selenium deficient with all the mercury going around. But if there are no filling, selenium can still be low depending on geographic area.
As far as kids are concerned; when the mother has fillings during pregnancy, there will be lots of mercury given to the child, thus depleting selenium even without fillings. So, yes a child can be seriously weakened by mercury without having fillings of their own.
Imagine a child developing from a couple of cells to a real child, covering an enormous evolutionary span in just 9 month, all this time swimming in a mercury toxic sea. Still amazing to see that they usually turn out so well. In spite of the toxic sea.
the order of removal, this is a complex matter. Amalgam fillings do have an electrical charge; high, low, pos. Neg. This has got to do with Biologically Closed Electric Circuits that are influenced by the migrating mercury through the tissue. Check out these words and you will find dr. Nordenström. Pubmed
Once you understand these BCEC it becomes not so difficult to understand that sequence could be important in order discharge a circuit.
Often these circuits can cause distant problems. When amalgam is removed without sequential order, improved health can result as no more new mercury vapour will be inhaled or swallowed, but with the BCEC still disturbing, the problem linked to this can improve less than desired. Huggins has proved this to be true empirically over and over again.
But it is so much easier to dismiss than to study this, so most 'experts' and professionals prefer to remain unaware of this.
And do not wait for a consensus of any kind on this subject, because the agenda's differ and interests too. It is only your own judgement on available information that is really important here.
(By the way this sequential removal is not very difficult to do, it just takes a measurement of the electrical readings and then follow the indicated sequence)
You only can become duped when you rush uninformed to have something done, because you take someone's word for it. The information is out there, its just a matter of evaluating what makes the most sense. And that only after a deeper consideration.
I agree with you that Lyme is a more clear problem, but it must be also easy for you to understand that it doesn't help the recovering when there is still mercury toxicity having an impact on your immune system.
But make sure that if you will decide to eliminate this factor from your plate, to become thoroughly informed about
all the different aspect that come with the territory. Like have the replacement material checked for bio compatibility, so you wont get from the frying pan into the fire. This can be tested with serum. Like the LTT with Lyme.
Because the last thing you need with Lyme is an immune system that gets overreactive.
the licence hearing of Huggins, it is important to understand what he has been up against for so many years. The arguments and proof of amalgam disease have always been pushed aside by the powers in place. Makes no sense to try again in court. The discussions go on. Forget the consensus.
There was no threat to have his career destroyed because he was already employing other dentists in his centre. But let me repeat that it surely is a good thing that you are cautious and suspicious, cause harm can also be done. The key is to get informed and then make a move.
I can see you have developed a lot of info on this issue already. If you are not yet clear about
the right dentist with the right procedure, then it would probably best to leave the fillings in place and make sure they harm you as little as possible. Best would be to have your selenium level checked and if low, increase your intake of it, monitoring blood level regularly as selenium is your protection against free mercury.
The testing you write about
can be valuable, but can also be influenced by the thoughts of the people involved. Here it is easy to do double blind testing, to find out if the testing is accurate. You can choose from a few vials of different things and then find out if the test show the same result over and over again.
It is not illogical though that you can test a vial of mercury, even if you have mercury fillings in place. The body has become adapted and used to the fillings in place, but will react if more gets added in the form of a mercury vial. So weakened response of the muscle indicates that adding more will burden the system. Probably everyone will react with rejecting mercury I suppose, so it is not much proof of anything.
Low levels of selenium will proof a little more as this will indicate little defence against mercury coming out of the fillings. Check in with the info Schrauzer has given on the subject.
Even when lead is more of an issue the way to deal with this is to optimize selenium levels as this is the protection against heavy metals in general. Could old plumbings have caused your led burden?
I understand it is a terrifying thing and it is therefore really important to be careful and become well informed before you have anything done on your fillings.
I am curious about
what the result could be from the test on selenium for you. I would appreciate if you would tell once you would have the result.
Good health to you!