Hi, I am new here. I am wondering if I give you the highlights of what has transpired so far, that someone might voice an opinion as to where I might be right now in this disease.
I found tick on me April 10 and called dr and received a single dose of doxy, then I bullseyed April 14th. I took pictures of it only because it was on my side of thigh and couldn't see it very well. (Thank goodness because now I have bullseye pics) At the time I didn't realize it was actually a bullseye.
I began getting very tired, stopped doing alot and laid around a good bit without realizing I was doing that. I felt like I had the flu and always felt like I had a fever if I didn't. At the end of April my husband was bit and went to dr. He gave him 10 days of amox and also sent 10 days for me.
First week of June I went to dr compaining of extreme fatigue, terrible depression, awful irritibility with some rage, and still fever feeling. I showed dr the bullseye pic. He said I believe you have lyme. He took lots of blood tests along with an ELISA. He released me with NO MEDS.
Two weeks later they called that results are negative. During this time I had time to search for info on lyme and have learned alot. I had to insist on being seen again because I still had symptoms. That day I thought surely he would give an abx but no meds again. Instead he told me he thought I was cured because of his "aggressive treatment". He meant those 10 days. Aggressive?????
Now I am extremely worried as lyme patients are telling me to do all I can to get on abx asap. So I did. I found another 10 day refill on hubbys amox so I took them. then I called another md and she was able to give me 28 days doxy. I called LLMDs and was told 3-5 month wait. Now I am panicking because I am trying to get this before too much damage is done.
I went and had a pre office visit blood drawn for Igenex with an appt to be in Aug. Meanwhile I got another call from a LLMD I had called early on and they had a cancellation. I went to that one, they got my results and they were positive and I was put on doxy, stronger dose. I am getting brain mri and alot of tests done for coinfections.
So sorry for the long post-this is so important to me and I don't know where to get this info.
With the above information, do you think I am able to treat this before it has got too much of a hold on me or is it already too late and that i am already considered late stage? It's been 3 months with some off and on abx.
Now I am trying to figure out what all to do as far as detox and killing parasites and probiotics, vitamins etc.
Any input is greatly appreciated.