My husband and I both have a dr appt tomorrow - almost 5 hrs away. This is my 2nd appt as I am for sure positive lyme.
However this question is for my husband.
He has been bitten by tick 2 weeks after myself in April. He did not bullseye like I did. He did not have alot of my symptoms but he is having arthritic issues, maybe more than he did before.
He also has this scratch mark that keeps appearing on his arm (mostly when he awakes but not always) - same place. The last time it appeared, it had a tiny needle hole in it which blood came out of it. Sometimes there is one or two tiny purple bruises. (family Dr told him it is just bruises btw)
It initially seemed like bart to me (based on my amateur research) but it doesn't look like a stretch mark - more in line with a cat scratch. We have no cats at all and do not let dog in bed so that leaves me and I'm surely not doing it! lol
Anyway a month ago he had an Igenex test done (at my insistence) and tomorrow they go over his results. I just called them and his results are as follows:
IGM 31-IND Negative
IGG 41-IND Negative
Now what do we do with results like that? Already the nurse said they could still treat (clinical dx) but hubby won't if he thinks it isn't lyme and they did call it negative.
She did suggest to take a confirnation test with Igenex (using the same blood). We have 3 months in which to take that conf test.
Do you think he should treat based on what I told you? or just go on and have test done? or just take the negative results and go on with life?
I do not want to insist he might have lyme if he doesn't but then I am afraid for him to wait and be sorry.
I appreciate your opinions because he will probably ask what I suggest and then follow it but I don't know.