From what I can tell, this is a controversial topic all over the internet.
For the most part, I'd say maybe 95% of what I've found online regarding alcohol & Lyme Disease is that a glass of wine here & there is not harmful at all.
BUT THEN - in the real world - I have fellow Lymies & my own doctor saying that alcohol must be shut out completely
as it is the only thing that crosses the blood-brain barrier & because it contains sugar (which Lyme bacteria loves) this means the bacteria take a free ride up to the brain and begin causing damage up there, because the bacteria also happens to love brain tissue.
Actually, that detailed descript
ion was given to me by my fellow Lymie... My doctor gave no reason & just said, "Cut it out completely!"
But she can be overly cautious at times because she also has Lyme.
So - I'm still up in the air/confused about
Does anyone know for sure what the verdict is on this??
Thanks so much!!
Post Edited (ktpie) : 9/9/2011 4:46:56 PM (GMT-6)