So I'm trying to figure out how to proceed from here. My disability status is still up in the air, although I'm prepared for the possibility that I'll be denied. On top of that, now I've got Medco refusing to cover my antibiotics because of the whole IDSA/ILADS thing, and my doctor and I are not happy with the very slow progress I've been making on oral antibiotics for the last 8 months, and for the 2nd time now (first time back in 2004 with a different doctor) it's been determined that IV antibiotics are medically necessary - but I can't get the CDC positive to get insurance to cover it. The first time I appealed their decision back in '04, they denied me 3 times, although I've since looked at the appeals, written by my mother (I was a teenager at the time), and they weren't entirely convincing.
Anyway...I'm just wondering if anyone's used a lawyer (I guess a disability lawyer?) in a similar situation and had good results? I know lawyers can help with disability claims, but can they help with getting insurance coverage? I'm in a little bit over my head at the moment!
Co-Moderator, Lyme Disease Forum