My treatment for bartonella

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Mister Windup Bird
New Member

Date Joined Mar 2012
Total Posts : 4
   Posted 3/11/2012 10:05 PM (GMT -7)   
My current symptoms are foot pain and some mostly low grade joint pain. The joint pain is primarily in the wrists, but sometimes i feel it in the other big joints. I just finished a heavy metal chelation with DMSP. My symptoms got worse while I was doing the chelation. I don't know if that was because of mineral depletion, or if it helped break up biofilms and allowed bacteria to roam around free. It's been a few weeks since my last chelation. I'm doing mineral replacements, and I'm starting to feel a bit better. Here is my current treatment protocol: 1 DS Bactrim/twice per day, 1 HH-2 capsule/three times per day, 20 drops samento/twice per day, 20 drops cumanda/twice per day, 15 drops burbur/twice per day, 200 mg nattokinase/twice a day. I was on the bactrim for three months over the fall. I tried going off of it, but my symptoms worsened very quickly. I had pretty intense multiple joint and foot pain within two days. I think it was from bartonella because that seemed to quickly an increase in symptoms to be from lyme. I then went on rifampin for two months. I was getting better but I had to stop it because of an interaction with another medication. So now I've been back on the bactrim for about 3 weeks. I've been on the samento for over a year- the hh and cumanda for almost 3 months. I just started the nattokinase to help break up biofilms. I was on serrapeptase before that. I haven't had a lyme herx since about august. I also have what feel like these bartonella die off effects every time I start a new treatment. I get really irritable and the foot pain gets worse. So those things makes me think my symptoms are mostly coming from bartonella. Does that sound like a correct assessment of the situation? Does anyone have any ideas for other treatments I can try? Overall I'm feeling pretty okay. I can work and exercise, but I would like to be able to get off the pharmaceutical antibiotics some time soon. So any advice would be appreciated.

Post Edited (Mister Windup Bird) : 3/11/2012 11:22:33 PM (GMT-6)

Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jul 2011
Total Posts : 1486
   Posted 3/12/2012 11:52 AM (GMT -7)   
Hi Mister windup bird - welcome to the forum!

It's great to hear you can still work and exercise, but of course 100% recovery is the goal, here. Generally when coinfections such as bartonella are involved, it's best to knock them out first before targetting Lyme specifically, as they suppress the immune system further. Have you looked at the "New to Lyme?" thread? There's a lot of really great information and resources there! It is pretty common to herx strongly in reaction to your treatment regimine, and those do sound like Bartonella symptoms! Are you currently seeing an LLMD?
Co-Moderator, Lyme Disease Forum

Veteran Member

Date Joined Jun 2011
Total Posts : 898
   Posted 3/12/2012 11:59 AM (GMT -7)   
Well, if you want a non-pharma approach, Byron White has an A-BART formula. I've had good luck with the BW protocol but have not done the A-BART (did A-L Complex and A-BAB). It has to be ordered by your doc at about $90/bottle (tincture) but lasts a long, long time... My LLMD uses three different enzymes to clear the biofilms - serrapeptase, interfase and Interfase Plus with EDTA. These are taken one after another (not at the same time).

Mister Windup Bird
New Member

Date Joined Mar 2012
Total Posts : 4
   Posted 3/12/2012 7:07 PM (GMT -7)   
In reply to mercuryb, I never had amalgams. I believe most of my mercury exposure was from fish. My blood tested positive for elevated levels of mercury. Also elevated levels were detectable in my urine after my first chelation treatment. I did IV dmps. Is that a bad thing to do? I seemed to tolerate it okay. I didn't really have that many treatments- only 4. I'm supposed to do one more then retest my urine. My mercury levels weren't that high. So my doctor said he didn't think I needed that many. I'll probably continue with herbal chelations for a while. I'm also taking chorella. Do you think apa would be a good thing to add to it?

In reply to borderlyme, yes I am seeing a llmd. I haven been for over a year now. I was bitten in August 2010. Received some treatment that Semptember, and after to months of not treating I found a llmd in November. I tested positive for lyme and borderline positive for bartonella. However, I didn't have any bartonella symptoms at first. So I mainly treated the lyme. Then last summer I started to have foot pain. My llmd said this is because lyme suppresses other infections. Once the lyme was treated, it allowed the bartonella to thrive. I've been treating the bartonella since then. It's been a bit tricky. That's why I think biofims are involved.

In reply to yazzer, I already tried the A-bart before I was even symptomatic for bartonella. It didn't really seem to help me. Although, the interfase looks interesting. I might try that.

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to add more proteolytic enzymes to my treatment, or should I wait and see what effect the nattokinase has? Also does anyone have any suggestions for other herbal or pharmaceutical bartonella treaments? On the pharmaceutical side, I've heard of rifampin, bactrim, and levaquin. I tried the first two, and I'm allergic to levaquin. I read somewhere biaxin can sometimes be effective. Has anyone heard about that?
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, November 18, 2017 3:27 AM (GMT -7)
There are a total of 2,895,000 posts in 317,758 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 157363 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Charlie55.
229 Guest(s), 2 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
73monte, Terry's Cellar

About Us | Advertise | Donate
Newsletter | Privacy Policy & Disclaimer
Follow on Facebook Follow on Twitter Follow on Pinterest
©1996-2017 LLC  All Rights Reserved.