Posted 5/24/2012 8:32 PM (GMT -6)
Could it be a buildup of toxins? I never understood how a doctor could say that a herx last only a certain number of days because the very definition of a herx is a buildup of toxins from die off and the intensity of the reaction indicates the severity of the inflammation.
So if you think about it, if your body is very worn down (immune system very low) and gets hit with an intense dieoff, your body is going to have a tougher time getting rid of the toxins, hence the herx is going to last longer.
I had herx after herx and as my body got stronger the herxes got less intense. I still believe I herx and I am feeling really well. But if I eat wrong or overdo it, I still feel lousy. Is it the bacteria trying to make a comeback? or the dieoff? who knows but herxes are real - so if you are in treatment, it makes sense that that is probably what is causing the weakness.
Make sure you are doing everything you can to eat right, and detoxing. Drink lemon water, take epsom salt baths and rest, rest, rest. Your body is only a machine and if it is out of gas, its not going to get up and running again.
IVs were also out of the picture for me so I took the long slow approach of oral antibiotics with many supplements and it does work!
Lyme, HME, HGE, bartonella. 4+ years undiag. despite 10 drs.
Current meds: neurontin, cymbalta Prior meds: roxy, bactrim, doryx, amantadine, amox, minocycline, tetracy. IV refused by ins. Supplements: boluoke, alpha lipoic acid, AG immune, magnesium, milk thistle, resistant microbes, grapefruit seed ext.