We get mice in the house every spring and I often wonder what the chances are of contracting Lyme indoors. Has anyone else thought about
it? We live on acreage, so there's no avoiding them. Ticks aren't a big problem here, so that helps. I don't want to put out poison for them since there's a risk of secondary poisoning if another animal eats them and we have various critters around, some of which are neighbors pets. There used to be one that didn't have the secondary poisoning problem. We do have traps out for them. I'd prefer something outside ate them, though.
Yesterday, I pulled up a piece of landscaping cloth I had put down last fall to kill off some weeds and I was surprised by a big snake, at least 1 1/2 ft. I'm used to seeing garter snakes all over, but this wasn't one. It was this kind, weirdanimalreport.com/article/rubber-boa-pacific-northwests-native-boa-constrictor
. I found a young one nearby too. It made me a little nervous since I didn't know what it was, so I looked it up. They eat mice! :) So I guess I need to try to keep them near the house. :) You think I'm crazy, right? LOL I'm an organic gardener, so I use what I can to help. It's good to know we have them since we have a lot of wooded area for them to reside in and plenty of mice there.
I also have a mason bee nest on our front porch and it's quite busy. Great for keep solicitors away!
It all keeps my mind off my daughter and I having Lyme and I've always enjoyed nature and gardening.