I have an appt with
the heart dr Aug 12, but I called to see if they could bump me up sooner due
the symptoms I now realize could all point to congenital heart failure, and
what matches up with what could be Heart Valve Disease. It's the pressure on my
chest and the pain in my heart when I lay down flat to the point I find I keep
having to prop myself up in order to be able to relieve some of the
pain/pressure and be able to breath.
Also, the last few
months I am getting a sharp, shooting pain up the left side of my neck, to the
point that it comes on quickly, painfully, taking my breath away and I have to
stop everything until it stops. I've felt a slight pain like that on the right
side of my neck, but nothing like what happens on the left.
The shortness of
breath, dizziness, and now painful swelling in my legs at times, pain in my
spine and lower back, and so much more, I know that L/co is accountable for
much, but just in case.....
The pain in my
heart/chest is just not lessening, it's only getting worse to the point that
every day I wonder if that day is when my heart stops, or if it's the last time
I'll close my eyes for sleep. I ask others if they can feel their heart beat,
if they are constantly aware of it beating, and everyone says 'no'.
I told my sister
about the heart pain and also how my spine and lower back hurt 24/7. Apparently
I had never told her about the heart issues, and she was pretty alarmed. She
said that all of that could point towards heart problems. She should know. She
went in for one issue of pain in her chest and she had a blockage that was
found in her heart! The Dr's didn't even want to check what she was complaining
about! If she didn't persist and insist, she'd be dead now. She suffers
horribly with undx L/co, but treated for 40 yrs as ONLY a RA patient. Her heart
issue I can almost guarantee is L related. And so, with all of this info, I've
decided it's time to see the Heart Dr.
I just pray that
finally facing my fear of seeing yet another dr and maybe getting nowhere,
making the phone calls, requesting help, gathering facts and documents, I have
to believe that if there is something wrong with my heart that can be addressed,
then we will find it and it will get fixed.
Just heard from dr office and no earlier appt is available,
but I’m still on the cancelation list. If things get bad, well worse, it’s to
the ER I will go.