I went to my family doctor, who is currently treating me for Fibromyalgia. I told her that I wanted to get off the medicine I was currently on because it is making me extremely constipated and it isn't helping. I then told her that I wanted to wait to try anything else (I should say retry because I have already been on all of the Fibromyalgia medications in existence!) until I went back to the Lyme specialist. She then got a look on her face and said, "you know they don't practice conventional medicine", and I told her that I was aware of this and that I wasn't going to start any treatments without taking time to consider it first and that I would discuss any treatment plans with both of my parents. She then went on to say that "they usually treat with long term antibiotics which can be very detrimental to your health and they use testing that is not very accurate (she was referring to the iGenex tests)." I again reassured her that I was looking into everything and I was not jumping in to any treatment plans until I considered it thoroughly. She followed up with something like "well, it is really up to you, I just don't think it is a good idea, but you are the patient and in the end you have to make the decision on who to see. Just make sure you get the records sent over here." I have been a mess since that appointment. It didn't help that I came home to an empty house. A few hours later I just couldn't stand to be alone so I drove to my mom's work and even though I could only talk to her for two minutes, a hug was all I needed. She talked me through it and I came home. But, I was still a mess for the rest of the night. I didn't fall asleep until probably two in the morning! I am just second guessing myself. I just don't know if I am doing the right thing. I am scared. Really scared.
Post Edited (twinmkm) : 11/25/2014 12:47:59 PM (GMT-7)