OK… maybe I'm being dense… I'll share what I've learned so far: ;)
1. You need to stay on doxy to "maintain" —and you will stay on it and then add Tindamax (lyme cyst form) and Malarone (Babesia).
2. At some point doxy may or may not drop out of your plan.
3. The yeast overgrowth is a current issue and you're herxing with small doses of nystatin as you're trying to work your way up to previous doses.
4. You don't want to start malarone while you're dealing with yeast die off sx so this is delaying your treatment.
I think you're strategizing from the perspective that it's going to take you a long time to kick the yeast issue and I guess I'm not in agreement with that. I've done this a couple times and I really don't think it should take long if you increase your detox. If you're herxing that bad, whatever detox you're doing right now isn't enough.
I think you can bet on herxing with the Malarone. I start Malarone in about
a month so I've been reading up on it. But if you continue the abx without an anti fungal, you will not only be dealing with the Babesia herx from Malarone but you will also be dealing with increased complications of a yeast problem that will only get worse w/out an anti fungal and could turn systemic if you don't stay on top of it. To me, it doesn't make sense to move ahead with your treatment before dealing with the situation right before you now, which may not delay your treatment that much.
Perhaps you can talk w/ your LLMD about
taking 1 wk off the doxy, deal with your yeast issue, then move forward. Again, if you can get past the yeast die off with sufficient detox, you shouldn't take too much longer to ramp up the nystatin dose and could make a lot of progress in one week. But no matter what you do, you have to increase detox—to get rid of the yeast and also if you're going to add in more abx and malarone—you're killing more and you'll need to help your body process those toxins out of your body more efficiently.
Post Edited (Pirouette) : 11/30/2014 3:30:14 PM (GMT-7)