Hi marigold33 —
First, I'm really liking your LLMD - so many have patients treat too aggressively.
I started A-Babs and A-Bart and AL-Complex, all BW tinctures, together at the beginning of my treatment. Titrating up was hard, as you're describing.
- It took about
a year but I was able to maintain at 30 drops twice/day. I still had herxing and associated babs sx, could never test positive for anything. If I had tested positive, I'd be on Mepron or Malarone but can't get insurance to cover it.
- My LLMD decided to switch me to Beyond Balance MC-Bab-2 and eventually 3, which gave me nearly no herxing after I reached 10 drops/b.i.d. I got up to 20 and that's what I'm currently on.
- I also recently started C.S.A. recently for A-bab. Very little herxing and I'm up to 20 drops/day.
- The A-Bart triggered GI attacks that landed me in the ER so I stopped A-Bart. A year later started it up again, suffered the severest attack so I stopped.
- I then I started on IV vancomycin for Bart. I'm almost done w/ the IV vanco and will try A-Bart again, or some other tincture when I'm transitioning into a maintenance protocol (for the next couple of yrs, let's say).
- The C.S.A. is hopefully also hitting bart.
- This never worked for me, never had a herx or relief in sx at 30 drops b.i.d. Was on it for nearly a year.
- I was having trouble walking with hip & knee joint pain so LLMD started me on IV Rocephin, took me a year to work up to optimal dose. Doing very well, finally going off it in about
- To help me transition from abx, I recently switched to Beyond Balance MC-BB-2 a few months ago. Again, no herx that I can tell and I was at 20 drops b.i.d.
…I'm sharing all of this detail to perhaps paint a picture of how how long this can take for some of us, and how sometimes we have to cycle through other modalities, protocols, types of herbs, combinations, etc. in order to make progress. I can't say for sure why but I suspect it's because
a) we're all so different;
b) we are fighting sections that I don't think we understand or have even identified yet—the Lyme microbe is spread mainly by the white-footed mouse, not deer, and those wild rodents have a lot more running around in their bloodstreams than just Lyme & co.
c) the herbal remedies are more than just antimicrobial and this is good - but I think this can also make responses to the herbs confusing for some people.
If I were you, I would either try a new protocol—or stay on the BW awhile longer until you can truly work up to max doses 3 times/day. I would also question your detoxing protocols… this is usually where people can have trouble with herxing - find new ways to increase and change up detoxing to help with the herxing.
Last - are you taking care of yourself in other ways? Are your adrenals and thyroid functioning well? How is your GI working? Is your immune system playing its critical role in your protocol? Ideas to explore…
Post Edited (Pirouette) : 4/17/2017 12:06:16 PM (GMT-6)