Posted 6/19/2015 7:44 AM (GMT -6)
I'm still struggling with a clear diagnosis, but haven't had igenex testing yet. My LLMD was skeptical about the value of co-infection tests--even done by igenex--since she sees lots of false negatives.
2 LLMDs diagnosed me with likely Lyme plus co-infections, and several blood tests support Lyme, but nothing definitive. For example, Labcorp: Positive IgG band 41, and Cd 57 - 26. (Of course, subsequent visit to infectious disease dr told me NOT Lyme or any co-infection and offered no recommendations)
I've been doing cowden protocol for over 1.5 months. I seemed to have some increased energy and function level in first couple of weeks. Now, not so much, plus debilitating headaches, the hallmark of my first 8 months of illness, seem to have returned with a vengeance.
My LLMD ordered Lyme tests #188 and 189, but left it up to me to decide which Bart and babesia tests to have igenex run, depending on how much I was willing to spend on possibly false negative tests.
I made the mistake of contacting anthem to ask about likely reimbursement for igenex, and now I have to wait for my LLMD to receive notification by snail mail about what tests anthem will reimburse.
If I could go back in time, I'd just get tests run and ask for reimbursement afterwards. I'm wasting precious time and feeling pretty hopeless.
Curious about y'all's experience with igenex co-infection tests. I was very confused about the many possible tests they offer for babesia and bartonella.
Thank you for sharing your experience or advice.