I did the multiplication and the dose is 155.2 mcg. for his weight.
Pretty close to what he's on now...so we'll see what the labs say.
It's interesting about the weight though - when he first started the T4, he was prescribed 88 mcg but according to his weight then, he should have been on 137.5.
Yes, I did know that lyme messed with your thyroid - that's quite a change in meds you've had to adjust to...
I weigh 135 lbs so you can see that the math goes just so far.
I knew you knew that Lyme messed with my thyroid lol Since hubby has Lyme, I know you recognize that his thyroid might be affected.
And, yes, the difference in my doses when I first started treating for Lyme and now is quite large. I do blame the ALA I started taking right after meeting my LLMD the first time for my need for more T3 but I only needed one T3 dose increase.
I started Motherwort in October of last year to help with Babesia anxiety herxes knowing there was a potential it could interfere with my thyroid. It worked well and I was willing to risk the need for 1-2 dose adjustments. However, I just couldn't stop my levels from going low and, after the 4th dose increase, I ditched the Motherwort lol
Adjusting to new doses wasn't too horrible because we'd "catch" the changes in my levels usually before symptoms developed (getting thyroid labs done every 4 wks. helps with this).
However, I just stayed in the hypo hole when taking Motherwort - that was over the holidays and Jan/Feb of this year. I was a brain-fogged mess lol
Moderator - Lyme Forum
Jul '14 started what proved to be inadequate treatment ala PCP day after nymph deer tick bite
Sept '14 met LLMD - clinically dx'd with Lyme due to Bells Palsy - confirmed via CDC positive WB
Feb '15 transitioned off abx and started full Cowden protocol along w/LDN
Aug '15 started transition to Buhner's Lyme, Babesia & Bartonella protocols
Nov '15 stopped LDN - 98% healed!