That is exactly what I normally say to myself, "what is so-and-so gonna do for me?" but thanks for the reminder. I don't think I'm thinking clearly, so that points to detox issues. I'm thinking it's more detox and less herxing because these aren't my typical bart sx but as with anything, infections and the treatment affecting them cause changes.
My regular home health care nurse hurt her back and is "out"... it's taken me a year to get her up to speed on this treatment and all its complexities. I don't have the energy to talk someone else through it right now.
My LLMD won't be back in town until Fri so if I did seek help it would be to go to ER to rule out encephalitis or meningitis, which I think if present I would be more severely affected... not that this isn't miserable but here it is day 4 and I'm not comatose yet. But that's how we lymies do - we function even though maybe we should really be down and out so I don't always trust my perception of my symptoms. The LAST place I want to be is the ER, but I also don't want to mess with anything in the brain.
Also, the vanco is a very, very powerful abx and is prescribed for c-diff and MRSA and various other infections that typical abx is ineffective for so if I did have meningitis or another type of infection, I think it makes sense that the vanco would manage it, right?
So, if it's not a bacterial issue it's a viral overload, which just has to work itself out. I could increase antivirals but if I'm having trouble detoxing that might create additional problems on the detoxing end.
I agree that the next step is to pull back on the infusions but the pharmacy sends a week's worth in advance and they expire very quickly so I need to be sure of this decision because I will be wasting meds.
Thanks for the ideas - I will look into the red root/red sage tincture.
I do dry brushing and I take grapeseed for circulatory support. I don't massage because my hands/fingers are hurting right now.
For regular detox:
- drinking like a fish (water and herbal teas - upwards of 80 oz/day)
- Alka Seltzer Gold
- detox cocktail twice/day: 15 drops ea of parsley, bur bur, pinella and 30 drops ea of burdock root and milk thistle seed
- 1.5 dropper of japanese knotweed twice/day
- L-5-MTHF sublingually for methylation
- bike ride to sweat (every other day although w/ exhaustion lately haven't been too active)
- last thing I do before going to bed is take 4g pure cholestyramine with a chaser of 2 Tbsp bentonite clay and 8 oz water
- and since starting the vanco my bowel mvmts have been regular to the hour (literally 1 hr after I start my BID infusion) and they are more firm and regular, whereas before they would be mushy/or I'd have diarrhea and would be intermittent - so it's improved.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated -
Post Edited (Pirouette) : 4/25/2016 11:32:42 AM (GMT-6)