There is no ideal formula--but there is a specific balance that will work for you. You just gotta figure it out by trial and error, step-by-step. There are many nuances to each person's journey but it seems most people are having success with incremental movements:
I would push treatment to the point that one or two symptoms ratchet up (but no more).
Once symptoms ratchet up, give your body a chance to adjust.
If the symptoms don't subside in a week or two, increase detox slowly--by adding one item at a time or increasing volume of one component at a time, etc. Sometimes it's necessary to switch out components of your protocol for something more effective.
If increase in symptoms subside, you can "maintain" or try to push a little more.
But if increase in symptoms remain, investigate other factors that might be impacting your immune function that would require investigation, for instance:
- a shift in the dominating infection--say, you're treating lyme primarily but babesia starts to become more dominant
- a viral load has reared its ugly head or has become dominant
- you have an underlying mold sensitivity
- you have unidentified detoxing/methylation challenges that aren't being supported
- your hormones are out of whack
- your adrenals are getting overwhelmed - too much physical/psychological/physiological stress
- you're pushing yourself with too much activity, not getting enough sleep
- your immune system (70% resides in your gut) is compromised and isn't being supported
- you're not getting enough nutrients
- you have a new environmental stressor (mold problem)
Sometimes you gotta approach this as a private detective.
This is a little oversimplified but the key is to eliminate symptoms so you ratchet up your treatment as the sx subside, adjust accordingly if they don't. MOST LLMDs target a couple of months "symptom-free" (or significantly reduced) before removing components of the treatment or ceasing entirely.
When you find your stride, let us know how it's going.
Hope this helps!
Post Edited (Pirouette) : 4/25/2016 7:33:16 PM (GMT-6)