Hi blueberry muffin:
I'm sorry - you're probably right about
the diet and y/f overgrowth. Although you might also be experiencing other herxing - maybe from your current tx or from an infection you're not treating. It's tough to know w/out more info about
what you're doing now, what you were doing and how these new sx have manifested.
But regarding y/f overgrowth:
It's not so much the carbs that are a problem - it's more the type of carbs (simple carbs) that turn into sugar too quickly, and it's the sugars that feed the y/f overgrowth.
Here are some diet moves I made:
- I got to the point where I could only eat chicken and beef and vegetable broths and pureed veggie soups.
- For carbs I also stuck with quinoa, brown rice, butternut squash but alternated so I didn't eat anything two days in a row.
- I would definitely avoid bananas and white rice - pure sugar.
- And unless the grains in the breads and crackers are non-GMO and organic and gluten-free, I'd stay away from all of those types of processed foods. It's just too much for your tummy right now.
- I'd choose pureed fruit (NOT juices) with almond or coconut milk (to add bulk so it's not all fruit/sugar) over the grains, quite frankly. But only organic forms of these milks - definitely don't use soy milk unless it's organic - it's nearly entirely GMO these days
- Legumes were problematic for me but can you eat these?
- I'd also stick to high-caloric foods like avocados and coconut oil, even cold raw butter has helpful enemies and calories.
You should go read the thread - it's long but has good info in it that will answer your questions. www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=30&m=1606610&g=3644275#m3644275
Are you referring to the manufactured Nystatin pills (like Nilstat) or the Pure Nystatin powder?
When to take it
Either can be taken with meals but they're more effective on an empty - or mostly empty stomach. The sequence is to take it AFTER the abx... it doesnt have to be 2 hrs but an hour is good. You want to take it after the abx kills the gut bacteria, which will allow the yeast/fungus to grow - it can grow relatively quickly. But you are assuming you already have some level of y/f so in some ways, you're going to address what is already there no matter when you take the Nystatin.
Nystatin pills vs. PURE powder
If you already have the pills - I'd double-check the volume of Nystatin in ea pill (check the label) and take a total of 1,500,000 units per day. Start out with one pill at a time In order to manage the die off (which could include increased symptoms) also slowly increase your detoxing as you introduce the anti fungal... And then as quickly as you can tolerate it w/out too much herxing, work up to taking all of it in one dose.
When you run out of the pills - I'd get an Rx for the PURE Nystatin powder - it's just better, overall. Read more about
the powder in the thread I posted above.
Hope this is helpful!