So we can keep throwing D down our throats, but nothing will change, except our 1,25 will increase which can cause calcification in places we don't want.
1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D is the non activated form of vitamin D. Unless your kidneys activate this and transform it into 25-hydroxyvitamin D, there is no way you can get calcified blood vessels or kindey stones out of it. But your vitamin D injections had an insanely high amount of vitamin, 75k IU per week means 11k IU per day and INJECTABLE means 100% absorbed which is not the same as the oral dose which never gets 100% in blood stream for multiple reasons, so u basically got yourself a huge amount of vitamin D. I hope you are ok now and no major side effects
Vitamin D cycle is very complicated and if it breaks, the active form never gets produced and you are in trouble. This MD explains it very very nicely (also bonus explains how vit D affects some IL markers)/www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhUuf2QZd_E
So to treat autoimmune reactions from chromic lyme/MS, besides herbs and many other detox things, i would:
- sleep 7+ hours a day even if that means taking strong sleeping pills, what ever it takes (i dont need to paste studies here because the link between lack of sleep stress and autoimmune is so obvious you can experience it daily yourself, when u had a bad night sleep).
- completely cut gluten from your diet, NO CHEATING ("once every two weeks i cheat and eat some muffins " - no ...that's as if u never went gluten free since gluten is a sticky molecule and lingers for days in your intestines after one single meal)www.neurology.org/content/62/12/2326.shortonlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1749-6632.2009.04620.x/fullonlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1600-0404.2004.00303.x/full
- completely cut dairy from your diet, yes that means yogurt too (so you will end up with lower calcium intake than normal)www.jimmunol.org/content/172/1/661.shortwww.karger.com/Article/Abstract/110946
--> NO BUTTER EITHER!
- get 5000+ IU Vitamin D3 daily , supplement with K if it does not workjournals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1352458516654310www.neurology.org/content/86/4/382
- test your 25-hydroxyvitamin D, Ionized calcium and serum calcium levels every 4 months or so, to ensure you are not intoxicating yourself.
- decide if u need extra calcium pills or not (since you are not eating dairy AT ALL) based on your blood results. Or supplement with a lot of peanuts and especially almonds, which contain more calcium. Then test again in 4 months.
Good presentation about
reversing MS with diet:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqjzXuupAas
sorry, i know we are a lyme forum, but ive pasted lots of MS diet studies, chronic lyme disease studies on nutrition are nonexistent because, you know, chronic lyme does not exist...
The diseases are very similar anyway in both presentation and more recently in some treatment options ..Thanks for all the links. I will look at them. Yeah, I worked for the ND at the time and remember thinking, "this is a ton of Vit D. " but felt like I couldn't say anything. Sorry if TMI but I could not wear a bra for 6 months because my chest hurt so bad. And I would say it took a year before things felt "normal" again. I still have twinges and then I increase K2. I'm not sure what you mean by you can't get kidney stones/blood vessels out of it. My doc here said high 1,25 is the quickest way to hypercalcification, or is it hypo? lol. I'm not the expert.