Hi NicHostetler -
the headache - those are no fun.
I have developed headaches so often throughout my life, I have finally determined cause and effect - I'll include below the following about
I agree w/ your LLMD - headaches can cause inflammation in the brain, which is one symptom of a herx. There are different theories
- Mino crosses the bbb so is it killing bacteria in the brain that produces toxins you aren't able to detox quickly enough? Is this process also producing the inflammatory response?
- Is the Mino creating dysbiosis in the GI since it also kills the good bacteria, which help keep opportunistic pathogens like yeast/fungus in check. Yeast/fungus can give off ethanol and other neurotoxins. Due to the gut-brain connections via blood vessels (the primary reason why gut issues can cause problems in the head), these neurotoxins in the gut can reach the brain if not detoxed properly.
- Are you not able to detox quickly enough because it's too much abx too fast? Or does your body not detox well due to MTHFR DNA mutations or just an overloaded system? Do you need to stop for a couple days to allow your body to process the toxins appropriately or can you simply kick up your detox a notch or two?
What I would try first is increase detoxing - definitely add Nutramedix Pinella and Burbur tinctures. Also, I'd add a GI binder - several discussions about
binders today so look for threads. Additionally, you might have some success with an anti-inflammatory component to your protocols (try japanense knotweed or turmeric).
Here is more info on headaches:
Over the years I have been able to determine what kind of headache I have and pinpoint MOST of their causes. Takes awhile.
Generally - they are caused by:
lack of caffeine
yeast/fungal overgrowth/die off
So I would do the following to cover your bases:
- Start rehydrating ASAP - water only.
- Try caffeine pills or concentrated tea - the caffeine can help dilate the blood vessels so there is less pressure. Coffee or other caffeinated drinks probably aren't the best to drink in case you're dehydrated.
- Detox the gut with a binder (remember the time buffers) and continue to rehydrate. Also try a soak. Coffee enema is good for detoxing but not because it's coffee - so it won't address a headache like drinking caffeine would - the caffeine doesn't work that way with an enema.
- Yeast/fungal overgrowth AND the die off after you start on antifungals can cause off-gassing including ethanol and other toxins. So antifungals are helpful and so is increasing detoxing (particularly binders!) while you're on them can help reduce the toxins.
- I usually take a brain detox herb or combo - I like Nutrimedix Pinella and Burbur (I double the dose on headache days)
- And I cool off with a cool shower if my headache is heat-induced, particularly letting the cold run on my scalp. Cold compresses help, too if you're not up for a cold shower.
Hope that helps - let us know how you improve -
Post Edited (Pirouette) : 7/23/2017 11:32:04 AM (GMT-6)