Mold Sickness comes from the continuous inhalation of mold spores. It is usually the result of a water damaged building rather than just a musty closet.
Some of the molds will convert to yeast at body temperature. These are known as dimporphic fungi and are difficult to eradicate.
Mold, which is Fungi, are producers of aflatoxins which are known to be toxic to people and animals. Some are known to increase the risk of cancers.
Many will produce an allergic response after repeated exposure. All of my family members had an allergic response when the mold count was high. I had allergic responses over the two rainy seasons but these are mild and similar to pollen exposure.
At some point my immune system gave up fighting the mold as it was overwhelmed.
You get sick very slowly and you may not even know why or when you were unable to tolerate the mold. It is difficult to say when I crossed over from allergic to sick.
Headache, rash that mimics an insect bite but is not raised, and the crawling, stinging, pricking sensations are typical.
We had such a small leak for a very long time. It is dusty here naturally as we live close to a volcano. I had no idea for 2 years what was happening.
One day I was dusting a shelf which was below a bathroom fan. I looked at the dusting cloth and it was black and green. This was no dust but it was mold spores.
By the time I had figured out what was going on I was already sick and having some very strange symptoms.
I do not remember getting bitten by a tick for a decade or more. Where I live now there a few ticks and Lyme is not endemic. It is possible I may have been infected, asymptomatic for years, and the mold triggered the Lyme and coinfections to reproduce as it weakened my immune system. I will never know.
AUG14:Mold Sick.FALL16:Clinical Bart/Borellia.
NOV16:Lung Pain. JAN17:Morg Scalp (resolved)
FEB17: Pupils, throat glow UV light.
Focus:Morgellons pre fibrous
Post Edited (ChickenArise) : 7/27/2017 1:05:25 PM (GMT-6)