As for the doctor that laughed-off Lyme Disease, I quote Woody Allen:"What I wouldn't give for a large sock with horse manure in it."
Welcome to the club. While we're sorry you've been affected, we're happy you found us.
You were wise to go right to the walk-in clinic right away. If a person has the Erythema Migrans (EM) rash
, then they have Lyme Disease. But, not all people who contract Lyme Disease get the rash.
We request that new members read the New To Lyme?.......Start here!
thread that's pinned to the top of the main forum page. In it, you will find loads of helpful and valuable information.As for antibiotic recommendations, it seems the recommendation is 200mg of Doxycycline twice daily for 28 days.
I copied that information from THIS THREAD
where I asked the same question and it was answered by Girlie - one of our great Forum Moderators who is infinitely more knowledgeable than I.
She also noted the following:
* Astragalus capsule for new tick bites - not to be used in chronic lyme
- 150 lb adult: 1,000 mg daily
- 100 lb adult: 1,000 mg daily
- 60 lb child: 1,000 mg daily
- 30 lb child: 1,000 mg daily
* Astragalus tincture for new tick bites - not to be used in chronic lyme
- 150 lb adult: 1 teaspoon 3x daily
- 100 lb adult: 1 teaspoon 3x daily
- 60 lb child: 1/2 teaspoon 3x daily
- 30 lb child: 1/3 teaspoon 3x dailyOnline Metric Converter
I realize that's a lot to start, so I'm sorry.
You will soon find many other replies from the helpful, knowledgeable, and caring members. Keep asking questions.